Thursday, February 7, 2008

who's afraid of the f word??

That four letter word beginning with an f.. u know what im talkin about.. every time ive been faced with it, my knees have gone weak, and i have wished that it would all turn out to be a dream.. im talking about fail(ure)...
what is it about failure that makes everyone but the person experiencing it all philosophical and preachy? "oh dont worry about it.. it could happen to anyone.. no point crying over spilt milk.. this too shall pass" and the most cliched.. "failures are stepping stones to success.."
Maybe it is true. maybe what i look at as a failure today will benefit me in the long run. maybe it will pave the way for a thousand successes in the future.. but today.. let me grieve..

1 comment:

Veena said...

I read this some where: You only fail if you stop trying. Nice forgiving way to look at things, and immensely encouraging. So once the grieving is over, I guess we start again at the beginning