Friday, May 25, 2007

Weight Loss.


I have never lived away from home. This put me at a slight handicap today as i packed my bags in preparation to leave home for (at least) the next two years.
Should i pack all those shirts?? well these are new, so they must DEFINITELY go in, but those old ones were gifts, and have sentimental value, and that one is REALLY lucky for me, so can't leave that out...
And so it continued. I packed and I stuffed my bags to bursting point. I was pretty happy with my effort, until I spotted a small line on the air ticket,"
max baggage allowed-20 k.g.s". What? only 20 kgs? How am i supposed to pack two years worth of stuff into 20 kilos? Then began the slow and painful process of identifying what was actually essential, and what was just excess baggage.. things that you feel you cannot leave behind, but are best put away in boxes to be retrieved later if needed...
I guess that is pretty much the rule every where. When you move from one phase of your life to another, it's best to leave behind all the excess baggage and carry only the bare minimum... after all there will be new memories, new friends and a new life to be made.

And love is not the easy thing
The only baggage you can bring...

And love is not the easy thing....
The only baggage you can bring

Is all that you can't leave behind

Leave it behind

You've got to leave it behind

All that you fashion

All that you make

All that you build

All that you break
All that you measure
All that you steal
All this you can leave behind.
U2-Walk on

3 comments:

Pyromaniaaac said...

get ur chaddis and baniyans ... and a couple of shirts n trousers.. rest all u ll get there..
[Ull even get chaddis out there.. but if u dont take those, u wont have anything to wear while u go the shop..]

Anonymous said...

u sum up all ur blogs wid great elan..
1 of de many reasons am a regular visitor!

DrKnow said...

"20 kgs"... is all that you can carry from your past to your future.... rest all is excess baggage!!... good thought... but if you do want to carry all of it (beyond the 20kg limit)... why don't you take the train!!??