Thursday, October 23, 2008

Off To The Moon!!

"dreams of a billion people come true!!", the newspaper screamed at me in te morning today as i woke up, bleary eyed, and figured that my heater was not working..(AGAIN!!) Damn!! its too cold for an ice water bath in bangalore these days. Reminded me of an old Seinfeld episode i saw, where Jerry remarks that ever since the first moon mission, people compare all failures, scientific and otherwise, to that one big success!! So i remarked to my room mate, these guys can put a man on the moon, but cant build a decent heater!!
I guess thats human tendency.. negative appreciation of a good thing!!
P.S. I dont know if this is unpatriotic, but i never did ACTUALLY dream that india would one day put a man on the moon.. May be its time i got some chandrayaawwn!!

No comments: